[May 2012-Aug. 2012]
Responsibilities included, but were not limited to:
- Brainstormed/researched my own story ideas for baypop.com
- On location reporting for print and the web
- Blogged my own story daily and handled other blog contributions
- Configured layout for the web (text, pictures, media)
- Created a restaurant database for the website – Clearwater, Naples, Sarasota, St. Petersburg, Tampa – gathered restaurant info, pictures, descriptions, etc. Made it user-friendly for the web.
- Social Media distribution
- Transcribed interviews for print
- Interviewed Josh Turner and covered his HSN special
- Photography for print and web
- Retrieved photos for print and web
- Attended and covered company events
- Attended brainstorming and editing meetings
- Contributed to creating new version of the website
- Corresponded with design liaison
- Trained fellow co-workers
Check out all of my blogs at: http://www.baypop.com/index.php.
*Update* Their website has gone through many changes, so in the event you reach an error, I have provided screenshots of some of my stories. Shoot me an email if there is a blog you would like to read in its entirety.
I created a restaurant database that features the best eateries in: Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Sarasota and Naples.